Importing to WRS From Your Database Using CSV
Setting up a CSV File
The first step is to convert your data into a spreadsheet in the CSV file format.
See CSV Format for Schedule "A" Contributions for detailed instructions on how to create a spreadsheet for contributions.
See CSV Format for Schedule "B" Expenditures for detailed instructions on how to create a spreadsheet for expenditures.
Importing Data into WRS
- The next step is to create the relevant reporting period in WRS. Once you are in the correct reporting period, click on the relevant schedule. You can only import into contributions and expenditures. You cannot import in-kind contributions.
- At the top of the page, click on “Import.”
- Click on “Choose File” and find your CSV file.
- Once you have chosen your CSV file, click on “Import.”
- Check to see if you have any errors. Errors will be at the top of the screen with a red asterisk.
- If there are any errors, make note of these entries and go back into your CSV file and find those corresponding entries and correct the errors.
- After correcting the errors, go back to the import screen and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select “Cancel” and then reimport the corrected file.
- Check again for any errors. If there are errors, repeat steps 6 and 7. If there are no errors, proceed to step 9.
- After verifying there are no errors, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Save.”
- After clicking “Save,” you will see a list of all the data you imported. In the event you saved with errors, the entries with errors will have not been imported. If you took note of those errors ahead of time, you can simply enter those entries manually.
When the Public will be able to see the Imported Data
Importing does not make the data publicly available. Reports are not publicly available until they are filed. You can import data into WRS at any time. The Board encourages committees to import large data files before the day the report is due because WRS often slows down when there are many users in the system at the same time.