Setting up a CSV File
The first step is to convert your data into a spreadsheet in the CSV file format.
See CSV Format for Schedule "A" contributions for detailed instructions on how to create a spreadsheet for contributions.
See CSV Format for Schedule "B" expenditures for detailed instructions on how to create a spreadsheet for expenditures.
Importing Data into WRS
- Log into your account with us and then select the relevant schedule to import your file. Remember, you can only import into contributions and expenditures and not into in-kind contributions.
- Select the "import" button on the page.
- Click on “Choose File” and find your CSV file or drag and drop the file into the box.
- Once the chosen CSV file is listed, click on “Import.”
- The system will notify you of any errors.
- If there are any errors, make note of these entries and go back into your CSV file and find those corresponding entries and correct the errors or if there are not to many errors, you can select edit and fix the error and save that entry.
- If you are correcting the errors in the original spreadsheet, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Cancel”.
- Import the correct file and check again for any errors. If there are errors, repeat steps 6 and 7. If there are no errors, proceed to step 9.
- After verifying there are no errors, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Save.”
- After clicking “Save,” you will see a list of all the data you imported. In the event you saved with errors, the entries with errors will have not been imported. If you took note of those errors ahead of time, you can simply enter those entries manually.
When the Public will be able to see the Imported Data
Importing does not make the data publicly available. Reports are not publicly available until they are filed. You can import data into WRS at any time. The Board encourages committees to import large data files before the day the report is due because WRS often slows down when there are many users in the system at the same time.