Ola Babcock Miller Building
1112 E Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50309
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
In accordance with Iowa Code § 68B.32(3), the Board shall annually elect one member to serve as Chair and one member to serve as Vice Chair.
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of open session for meeting held on July 19, 2017.
IV. GOVERNOR REYNOLDS' REQUEST FOR BOARD TO REVIEW WHETHER KIM OR CONNIE SCHMETT VIOLATED ANY LAWS WITHIN THE BOARD'S JURISDICTION.
V. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
In accordance with the provisions of Iowa Code section 21.5(1)"c" &“g”, the Board will move into closed session to discuss:
- Complaint against Rebel Snodgrass re: alleged sign on county property
- Complaint against Skip Moore re: alleged expenditure of public moneys for political purposes
- Complaint against Jacob Rios re: alleged inaccurate campaign disclosure report
- Complaint against Joel Miller re: alleged expenditure of public moneys for political purposes
VI. RETURN TO OPEN SESSION
Review of Discussion in Closed Session and entertain motions.
VII. ADVISORY OPINION TO REPRESENTATIVE TERRY BAXTER RE: USE OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS FOR TRIP TO KOSOVO
VIII. ADJUSTING ENTRY REQUEST BY FRIENDS OF HATCH
IX. REQUEST FOR WAIVER OF CIVIL PENALTIES (RULE 351 IAC 4.60)
* STATE COMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(3))
- Iowans for Kirsten Running-Marquardt - recommend waiver
- Fedler for Iowa House - recommend reducint to $75
- Kearns for State Representative - recommend reducing to $25
- Taiber for Iowa House - recommend denial
- Team VanDerWerff - recommend denial
* STATE PACS (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(3))
- Iowa Insurance Institute PAC - recommend reduction to $25
- Iowa Turkey Federation PAC - recommend denial
* COUNTRY CENTRAL COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(2))
- Adams County Democrats - recommend denial
- Adair County Democrats - recommend reducing to $50
* COUNTRY LOCAL COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(2))
- HR Care PAC - recommend waiver
- Steve Geerts for Supervisor - recommend reducing to $100
- Bootsma for Supervisor - recommend reducing to $200
X. REVIEW OF ETHICS BOARD'S PENDING BILLS
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accessible version of this document.