(per Iowa Code section 21.8)
Thursday, November 19, 2020, at 12:00 p.m.
IECDB Board Meeting via Zoom link
If you are calling in to the meeting by phone, please contact Jason Hacker at 515-281-4411 for this information.
I. CALL TO ORDER
Roll call, introductions, section 21.8 explanation of need for holding the meeting via Zoom due to public health emergency, request for public to mute their computers to limit background noise.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Open and Closed session minutes of meetings held on September 17, 2020.
III. DIRECTOR’S UPDATE
IV. LEGISLATIVE PROPOSALS AND AUTHORIZED LOBBYISTS
V. ADMINISTRATIVE RULES—Approve Adoption and Filing
Proposed clean-up of Board’s rules to conform with Iowa Code changes and update or eliminate inaccurate addresses, website references, and email addresses.
VI. NOTIFICATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE ADJUSTMENT
TechPAC (Technology Association of Iowa) (adjustment of $231.43)
VII. REQUESTS FOR WAIVER OF CIVIL PENALTIES (RULE 351 IAC 4.60)
- STATE COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(3))
- Eddie Andrews for Iowa (recommend denial)
- Asian and Latino Coalition of Iowa PAC (recommend waiver)
- NAIFA-Iowa (IFAPAC) (recommend denial)
- COUNTY AND LOCAL COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(2))
- Sac County Republican Central Committee (recommend denial)
- O’Rourke for Supervisor (recommend reduction to $20)
- SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(4))
- Gustafson for Iowa House (recommend denial)
VIII. CONSIDER APPLYING STATE EMPLOYEES’ COLA TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
XI. CONSIDER STATEMENT OF CHARGES AND NOTICE OF HEARING RE DAN KELLEY
X. CLOSED SESSION
In accordance with the provisions of Iowa Code 21.5(1) “c” and “g”, the Board may move into closed session to discuss:
- Complaint against Jill Johnson regarding alleged failure to report campaign contributions.
- Complaint against Grant Veeder regarding alleged violations of Code section 68B.2A (conflicts of interest).
- Complaint against Steven O’Rourke regarding alleged attribution statement violations
- Complaint against Goodwin4Iowa regarding alleged campaign sign violation.
- Complaint against PTR Farms, Inc. regarding alleged campaign sign violation.
- Complaint against George Rinker regarding alleged campaign sign violations.
- Complaint against John Henry regarding alleged failure to timely file a campaign finance report.
- Complaint against Eddie Andrews regarding alleged failure to timely file a campaign finance report.
- Complaint against Conservative Publishing, Co. regarding an alleged attribution statement violation.
- Complaint against Jake Chapman regarding alleged campaign sign violation.
- Complaint against Lemuell Sheard regarding alleged violation of section 68B.2A (conflicts of interest).
XI. RETURN TO OPEN SESSION- Review of Discussion in Closed Session and entertain motions